Next step was another big job. To start, this time I am really tearing it down:
Everything has to come out: seats, center console, carpet - all of it. There are a lot of little pieces that make up the interior - whew
The point behind this dissection is to sound dampen the truck. I've got 140 square feet of this stuff to get in there:
I was surprised at first that it was not foil-backed like the Dynamat I used in the last truck. However, once I started working with it, I discovered that with a heatgun and a saturation roller I could get results like this:
I am way too anal when it comes to this sort of thing. I completely did the entire floor, back wall and firewall as though it had to be waterproof:
That was about 22 hours worth of work. This also allowed me to totally clean up all my aftermarket wiring.